Full-Time information architect
information architect – Boston, MA
At (add)ventures, Information Architects are central to our web development approach. Information Architects shape and create the user experience for websites, authenticated customer applications, and mobile applications. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about what they do, who thrives working with other smart people on a project team, and who can translate user needs, business objectives, and technology capabilities into world class solutions.
- Contribute as a member of cross-functional teams to create innovative user experiences for existing and new product offerings
- Conduct competitive market analysis and preliminary user research to develop site/application strategy and identify stakeholders
- Employ user-centered design methodologies to determine the functional requirements for our client’s websites, mobile and social media applications
- Develop visual representations of the organizational structure, hierarchy, and relationships of screens in a site (e.g., site maps, user flows, storyboards) as well as the interactions between the user and the interface
- Develop screen details (e.g., sketches, wireframes, functional specs) depicting all elements on a unique screen type, including the content, functional, and navigation specifications
- Support the Web Experience and Usability teams with research initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree or suitable work experience required.
- Degree or study in information architecture, information design, graphic design, business, marketing, or related experience
- Four or more years of applied experience in designing usable web or mobile sites
- Experience creating user flows, site maps, storyboards, wireframes
- Demonstrated interest in user-centered design, interactive design, and cognitive psychology
- Strong understanding of information architecture, web user experience principles, user-centered design processes
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Comfortable in interacting with all levels of the company and presenting projects and status reports
- Ability to work under supervision while effectively communicating with team members and internal clients
- Ability to work and think creatively in a fast-paced environment, on multiple projects and with multiple project teams
NOTE: This is a remote position with travel to Providence 2 – 3 times per week.
Sorry – no relocation or visa sponsorship available.
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our creative family please send a resume and letter of interest, including salary requirements, using "information architect - Boston" on the outside of the envelope or in the subject line of your email to: